A membership in the Emerald Greens (EG) Men’s Club is open to all men interested in playing golf on a competitive level or just for the social aspects of playing with friends.
A paid individual EG Men’s Club Annual Dues of $90 entitles you to:
- The opportunity to play in golf tournaments held by the Men’s Club, including the Men’s Club Championship.
- To play in the Men’s Club Championship or Senior Championship (2 day event) you must be a Men’s Club member in good standing. For Men’s Club members who do not play on a league, your Men’s Club membership of $90 must be paid by June 1st for you to be eligible to play in the Club Championship or Senior Championship.
- The opportunity to sign-up to play in the 9 Hole and/or 18 Hole Leagues (if space is available).
- A 20% discount in the EG pro-shop.
- A paid one-year subscription to Minnesota Golfer magazine.
- Your USGA handicap paid for one year.
- EG Men’s Club is a member of the Minnesota Public Golf Association (MPGA), and all EG Men’s Club members are entitled to register to play in MPGA events.
- The chance to play for the EG Men’s Club 8-man senior team (MPGA Event for players over 55).
- The EG Men’s Club is a non-profit organization. Dues collected are returned to members in the form of on-course events during league play and tournaments, or prizes at the end-of season golf and banquet.
Men's Club Downloads
|April 22||Straight up tournament||@ 0900|
|May 13||Two man Best Ball||@ 0800|
|June 24||18 hole Combo||@ 0700|
|July 16||2 Person Shamble||@ 0700|
|Aug 12 & 13||Men's Club Championship||@ 0800|
|Sept 9||Red White and Blue||@ 0900|
|Sept 24||End of Year Tournament & Banquet||@1200|
There are two Men’s Club leagues, a 9-Hole league (Wednesdays) and an 18-Hole league (Thursdays). Each league is made up of teams of 2 or more players. If your team has more than 2 players, only 2 of the team members would play in any given week. For example, you may have a 3 man team but any one of the team members would sit out each week. A team of more than 2 members offers flexibility if a team member is on vacation, out of town, sick or injured, etc. For a 3 man team, the team cost would be split 3 ways instead of 2, which lowers each team member’s cost.
- The 9-Hole League begins Wednesday, April 26th and continues for 18 weeks. The 9-Hole League consists of 3 divisions of two man teams. The format is USGA individual match play. Scoring takes handicaps into account to determine the winner of each individual match. The division leaders will play in a play-off at the end of the season. Total team cost for the 9-Hole League is $831.00.
- The 18-Hole League begins Thursday, April 27th and continues for 18 weeks. The 18-Hole League consists of a maximum of 16 two man teams. As in the 9 hole league, a team may consist of more than two members, but only 2 play each week. The league format is handicapped USGA Better Ball / Match Play each week. Total team cost for the 18-Hole League is $1,437.00.
Each participant must complete a league application and be accepted into the EG Men’s Club for 2023
- Acceptance of your application and fee does not guarantee you a spot in the league. Placement will be on a first come, first served basis with returning teams given priority. An effort will be made to place everyone in the league. Notification of application status will occur no later than April 19, 2023. If you are not placed in the league all fees will be returned.
- There is only one Men’s Club meeting which will be held at the EG clubhouse on Wednesday, April 12th at 6 PM.
- The meeting will be to take team applications and fees, and to discuss league rules. If you are new to one of the leagues for 2023 and have an existing GHIN number, you must include it on your application form. If you do not have a GHIN number, one will be created for you.
- All Member’s Due’s and Team Fees are required to be paid in full at or by the first respective league night. There is a strictly enforced, “no pay-no play” rule for both leagues.
- Most communication with the EG Men’s Club members is by email. Your annual application form must include a current email address. League Schedules and rules will be emailed out one week prior to the League start date.